Nonprofit Training & Events
NDANO Webinar: Politicizing Nonprofits - What Charitable Nonprofits and Foundations Need to Know (and What They Can Do About It)
NDANO believes current law requiring charitable nonprofits to remain nonpartisan is the best way to advance missions and work as partners with all levels of government. Join us for this important webinar about the law that protects 501(c)(3) organizations from demands for political endorsements and campaign contributions (known as the Johnson Amendment).
• The history of the Johnson Amendment and why it is important to North Dakota nonprofits;
• Why most nonprofits consider nonpartisanship essential to advancing mission;
• Federal administrative and legislative challenges currently underway, including how the issue relates to tax reform;
• The Community Letter in Support of Nonpartisanship and how North Dakota has engaged; and
• What steps individual nonprofits, religious congregations and foundations can take right now to make a difference.
Learn more about this important issue from staff at the National Council of Nonprofits.